Building on existing knowledge the workshop will focus on developing advanced techniques such as solvent pours, glazes, blending as well as covering technical aspects relating to tools, surfaces, colour, values, textures, shapes and composition. There will also be an opportunity to learn how to make your own cold wax and transfer papers.
The workshop will include information about techniques, as well as demonstrations and plenty of time for dedicated and focused painting and individual support.
- Understand how to make cold wax medium
- Introduction to different surfaces / supports
- Understanding drying times
- Working wet-on-wet
- Building layers of colour
- Using transparent and opaque colours
- Exploring colour, value and contrast
- Creatingtextures and lines using a variety of tools and techniques
- Creating expressive marks
- Solvent reduction techniques
- Solvent pours
- Incorporating pigments and other loose powders into your work
- Introduction to pigment sticks and oil bars
- Using glazes to create veils of colour
- Masking and stencilling techniques
- Transfer techniques
- Learn how to make transfer papers
- Blending techniques
- Design principles and problem-solving compositions
- This 3-day workshop is for participants who have previously worked with cold wax.