What will be covered?
- Working wet-on-wet
- Using transparent and opaque colours
- Creating textures and lines using a variety of tools and techniques
- Incorporating pigments and other loose powders into your work
- Blending techniques
- Understanding drying times
- Building layers of colour
- Solvent reduction techniques
- Pigment sticks and oil bars
- Using glazes
- Problem-solving compositions
- Different surfaces / supports
- Exploring colour, value and contrast
- Creating expressive marks
- Solvent pours
- Masking and stencilling techniques
- Transfer techniques
- Making transfer papers
- Working on a series
Do I have the experience?
If you have attended one of my 1-day or 2-day workshops then this is the perfect next step workshop for you. If not then ideally you should have some basic understanding of working with oils and cold wax. If in doubt then just get in touch and we will advise you as to which workshop would be best for you.
All 2022 workshops in Yorkshire, Newcastle and Cornwall have now been scheduled. There is plenty to choose from whether you want to visit me at my studio based at the Craft house in Yorkshire or fancy combining a holiday in Cornwall with a bit of creativity. Head on over to my workshop listings to find one that suits you.