I first started using cold wax with oils 5 years ago when I was trying to loosen up my work. I was lucky enough to attend a 10 day residential in Ireland which enabled me immerse myself in incorporating cold wax into my practice and I haven’t looked back since. My work has changed from almost abstract landscapes and back to the more representational work you see in my God’s Own series and continues to evolve as I experiment with this lovely medium.
Cold wax is just one of many mediums you can add to your oils to change how it behaves but what I love about it is that you can throw out all those scary rules about using oil paints.
So whether you are new to painting or a professional artist, a landscape artist or an abstract artist, then I offer a number of workshops for people of all levels of experience. All materials and tools are provided so you don’t need to invest in new equipment before you’ve had chance to try it out.
All workshops are held face-to-face in small groups. At present I am unable to offer online workshops.
The workshops which are currently scheduled are listed below. If you want to book or find out if there are places available then follow the links which will take you directly to where you can book your place.
- 25 September 2021, Atmospheric landscapes, Craft House, Bingley
- 9 & 10 October 2021, An Introduction to cold wax, Craft House, Bingley
- 17 October 2021, Atmospheric landscapes, Craft House, Bingley
- 6 November 2021, Atmospheric landscapes, Craft House, Bingley
- 26, 27 & 28 November 2021, Advanced oil and cold wax, Craft House, Bingley
Join me in beautiful Cornwall in 2022
The following workshops will be held at Lambeage Hall in the beautiful village of Coverack, South West Cornwall.
- 26-27 April 2022, Introduction to oil and cold wax, Coverack, Cornwall
- 28 April 2022, Atmospheric landscapes, Coverack, Cornwall