What will be covered?
- Introduction to using cold wax medium with oils
- Introduction to the tools
- Working wet-on-wet
- Using transparent and opaque colours
- Creating textures and lines using a variety of tools and techniques
- Incorporating pigments and other loose powders into your work
- Blending techniques
- Understanding drying times
- Building layers of colour
- Solvent reduction techniques
- Pigment sticks and oil bars
- Using glazes
Do I have the experience?
Whether you are a professional artist or haven’t picked up a paint brush since school, absolutely no experience of painting or of working in oils needed. Just come prepared to have fun and to experiment.
I'm hooked... what other workshops can I do?
Once you have attended this workshop you can progress to the Advanced oil and cold wax 3-day workshop where you will be shown advanced techniques as well as work on creating a series of paintings.
All 2022 workshops in Yorkshire, Newcastle and Cornwall have now been scheduled. There is plenty to choose from whether you want to visit me at my studio based at the Craft house in Yorkshire or fancy combining a holiday in Cornwall with a bit of creativity. Head on over to my workshop listings to find one that suits you.