In this experimental 2-day course you will be guided step by step on the methods for building up paintings in layers, using cold wax, oil paints and pure pigments. The workshop will also look at mark making and will explore different ways to create textures and lines using a variety of tools and techniques.
You will be working on paper specifically designed for painting with oils and participants will work towards completing a number of small paintings by the end of the workshop.
The workshop will include information about techniques, as well as demonstrations and plenty of time for practice.
- Introduction to using cold wax medium with oils
- Introduction to the tools
- Understanding drying times
- Working wet-on-wet
- Building layers of colour
- Using transparent and opaque colours
- Creatingtextures and lines using a variety of tools and techniques
- Incorporating pigments and other loose powders into your work
- Blending techniques
- Designed for all levels of painting experience.
- £120 per person - includes all material and equipment.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits.
To book your place please contact the Craft House directly.